Monday, October 10, 2011

Queen of Diamonds Quilt



This is called Queen of Diamonds, a quilt I've been planning to make for Aviendha since just before Gage was born.  I had even bought and began cutting the fabric days before I had him!  It took me just over a week to make this with all the cutting  and piecing and children to take care of.  It does not have the batting or backing on yet because I still need to go out and buy the batting for it.  Aviendha isn't aware it's for her but she loves it so it'll be a nice surprise for her birthday or Christmas.  Please forgive the wrinkles as it's been folded up for a week now waiting for backing and binding.

The next couple of quilts I make will be MUCH simpler/faster because I can only do so many intensive projects in a row!  The boarder on this is my favorite part.  It was extremely easy and is fun to look at!  Unfortunately it's yucky outside and we have only one weak lamp (as the other 3 have been broken in the last year "We just can't have nice things!") and light from the windows so the pictures aren't the greatest...

Here's a close up:


I got this pattern from a book so I'm not sure if you can find it online or not.  I tried searching for it but couldn't find it.  The book I got the pattern from is called "Dealer's Choice" which you can find HERE for the cheapest price.  This has a lot of good patterns in it of which I made this as well:



These are both definitely projects for a little more experienced sewer/quilter than a straight-up beginner.  They also takes a lot of patience!!!  

For the amount of knowledge and experience required to put this together without any frustration I'd rate this a 7 or 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment