Monday, September 12, 2011

Simplicity 2431 (Daisy Kingdom)

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2431 Child's Dresses, A (3-4-5-6-7-8)




Here is the first project I'm sharing!  I made "A" which is the dress to the left.  Some things about this?  It was actually pretty simple all in all.  The most tedious part was ironing out the ties that go around the neck.  It's a very straight-forward pattern.  If I could give advice to the beginner?  Make sure you copy the lines for the elastic on the RIGHT side of the fabric when cutting it out from the pattern piece.  Often times patterns won't tell you which side to make the markings on so that you can see them when you are putting it together.

Here is the finished product modeled by my sweet Aviendha in a poorly lit area because I was too lazy to try to do something cute outside!


Did I mention it's her new favorite dress?!

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest):   With the beginner in mind I'd say this is a 3.

1 comment: