Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Simplicity 3588 Dress

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 3588 Child Dresses, A (3-4-5-6-7-8)


The colors in this picture are a little saturated but...oh well.  I did dress B.  This is a super cute dress!  However, if I do it again I will be lengthening it because my daughter has long legs and this dress came off a little short on her.  There is a zipper and the collar combined with the piece that comes across the side can be tricky.  Also there is piping which you'll need a zipper foot for (as well as for the zipper).  It's not terribly difficult but there are more elements here which you would need to be at least an average sewer to be able to be ok making this.

Here is Aviendha once again and the angle isn't great because you can't see that this dress actually comes about and inch or two above her knees.  The collar isn't as high as it looks either.


At the end of the day I'm rating this a 5 1/2 in difficulty.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE THE THINGS YOU HAVE MADE!
    i NEVER THOUGHT OF (NOT PUSHING THE SHIFT KEY WHEN I HAD THE CAP LOCK ON SO ALL MY I'S ARE LITTLE!) Anyway, I never thought of making the rag quilt or any quilt in a shape. I love the pinwheel blanket as well!
    keep sewing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete